E-mail MeNorman M. Hobbie
Norman M. Hobbie is a partner and his extensive practice is devoted for civil and criminal litigation. In fact, he has been designated by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney.
In his civil practice, Mr. Hobbie has secured numerous million dollar awards on behalf of persons severely injured due to catastrophic motor vehicle accidents, defective product design, railroad negligence, automotive manufacture negligence, chemical contamination, inappropriate maintenance/security, etc. Below are some of his verdicts and settlements:
$38,500,000 Chemical Exposure, $24,000,000 Chemical Exposure, $13,500,000 Chemical Exposure, $10,000,000 Auto Accident, $ 9,000,000 Contaminated Water, $4,500,000 Train Negligence, $ 4,000,000 Auto Accident, $3,900,000 Premises Liability, $3,300,000 Hunting Accident, $ 2,800,000 Defective Product Malfunction, $2,750,000 Employment Discrimination, $2,500,000 Medical Malpractice, $2,500,000 Premises Liability, $2,320,000 Stuck Pedestrian, $2,250,000 Negligent Maintenance, $2,000,000 Defective Product, $2,000,000 Construction Accident, $2,000,000 Auto Accident, $2,000,000 Auto Accident
In his criminal practice, Mr. Hobbie provides an aggressive defense for individuals who are the subject of a Municipal, State or Federal prosecution. He has successfully defended clients charged with crimes such as homicide, sexual assault, robbery, drug distribution, white collar crime, fraud, official misconduct (corporate), aggravated assault, and official misconduct (law enforcement).
Mr. Hobbie has been a lecturer in the areas of Cross-Examination, Trial Practice, and Litigation Strategy before various organizations including, the Institute for Continued Legal Education and various Trial Lawyers' Associations.
Formerly, Mr. Hobbie was an Assistant Prosecutor with Union County's Prosecutor's Office. During his tenure, he was the Deputy Supervisor of the Major Crimes Unit and Special Enforcement Unit. He was responsible for the investigation and prosecution of persons charged with homicide, kidnapping, sexual assault, aggravated assault and narcotics trafficking.
Mr. Hobbie is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Monmouth County and New Jersey Bar Associations. He is a graduate of Fordham University School of Law.
Areas of Practice
- Sophisticated Personal Injury and Criminal Litigation
- Civil and Criminal Trials
- Catastrophic Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Product Design
- Railroad Negligence
- Automotive Manufacture Negligence
- Chemical Contamination
- Inappropriate Maintenance/Security
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey
- New Jersey, 1980
- New York, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1994
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- Lecturer, Cross-Examination, Trial Practice, and Litigation Strategy
Honors and Awards
- AV Peer-Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Monmouth County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Union County's Prosecutor's Office, Assistant Prosecutor